Friday, April 3, 2009

Take My Son

We are really close in Holy Week and of course to Easter Day.. for that I love to shared with all of you the story with a beautiful measage.. enjoy your reading and reflect it as well ya.. (hehheeee.. macam mau 'preach' pula sa ni hehehehe..)

A wealthy man and his son loved to collect rare works of art.. They had everything in their collection, from Picasso to Raphael. They would often sit together and admire the great works of art. When the Vietnam conflict broke out, the son went to war. He was very courageous and died in battle while rescuing another soldier. The father was notified and grieved deeply for his only son.

About a month later, just before Christmas, there was a knock at the door. A young man stood at the door with a large package in his hands. He said, 'Sir, you don't know me, but I am the soldier for whom your son gave his life. He saved many lives that day, and he was carrying me to safety when a bullet struck him in the heart and he died instantly. He often talked about you, and your love for art.' The young man held out this package. 'I know this isn't much. I'm not really a great artist, but I think your son would have wanted you to have this..'

The father opened the package. It was a portrait of his son, painted by the young man. He stared in awe at the way the soldier had captured the personality of his son in the painting. The father was so drawn to the eyes that his own eyes welled up with tears. He thanked the young man and offered to pay him for the picture. 'Oh, no sir, I could never repay what your son did for me. It's a gift.'

The father hung the portrait over his mantle.. Every time visitors came to his home he took them to see the portrait of his son before he showed them any of the other great works he had collected.

The man died a few months later. There was to be a great auction of his paintings. Many influential people gathered, excited over seeing the great paintings and having an opportunity to purchase one for their collection.

On the platform sat the painting of the son.. The auctioneer pounded his gavel. 'We will start the bidding with this picture of the son. Who will bid for this picture?'

There was silence.

Then a voice in the back of the room shouted, 'We want to see the famous paintings.. Skip this one.' But the auctioneer persisted. 'Will somebody bid for this painting? Who will start the bidding? $100, $200?'

Another voice angrily. 'We didn't come to see this painting. We came to see the Van Gogh's, the Rembrandts. Get on with the real bids!' but still the auctioneer continued. 'The son! The son! Who'll take the son?'

Finally, a voice came from the very back of the room. It was the longtime gardener of the man and his son. 'I'll give $10 for the painting..' Being a poor man, it was all he could afford.

'We have $10, who will bid $20?' 'Give it to him for $10. Let's see the masters.'
The crowd was becoming angry. They didn't want the picture of the son. They wanted the more worthy investments for their collections. The auctioneer pounded the gavel. 'Going once, twice, SOLD for $10!'

A man sitting on the second row shouted, 'Now let's get on with the collection!' The auctioneer laid down his gavel. 'I'm sorry, the auction is over.'

'What about the paintings?' 'I am sorry. When I was called to conduct this auction, I was told of a secret stipulation in the will. I was not allowed to reveal that stipulation until this time. Only the painting of the son would be auctioned. Whoever bought that painting would inherit the entire estate, including the paintings. The man who took the son gets everything!'

God gave His son 2,000 years ago to die on the cross.. Much like the auctioneer, His message today is: 'The son, the son, who'll take the son?'

Because, you see, whoever takes the Son gets everything.

FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, WHO SO EVER BELIEVETH, SHALL HAVE ETERNAL LIFE...THAT'S LOVE

This story I dedicate to all of Elect and Catecuments who are going to be baptized and confirm this coming Easter Vigil.. especialy from Stella Maris.. I love you all..be strong..!! and have faith!!

10 comments:

  1. Hello C.Alv.B
    That's a beautiful story. It shows we most times tend to look at things differently instead of appreciating the beauty of each thing.

    I guess people are such, price, name matters most time.
    When I was employing people to work for and with me, and I have employed hundreds, from mechanics to senior managers...I never looked at resumes, with the exception of 5, but at the person.

    Out of the 5 resumes I looked, 3 disappointed me and I had to terminate their services.
    I took in a lot of people that most companies, most managers had rejected after looking at their resumes.

    I took them without looking at their resumes...and these same people most times outshone those with degrees.

    I never looked at impressive credentials. I look at the person, not the race or whatever.

    As you already know, I wore a 3 Rgt pasar malam necktie, ha ha...and landed a dream job.

    You have a nice day, best regards, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaeh.. i knw that story .. good :) yay.. stella maris.. sya perna blajr n mengajar sunday school .. :) uncle neil mah masi sana ba kan.. :) dlu sya kira active church jg, but skrg malas sda, busy ba.. but pg church jg ba.. hihi.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, i agree with U Lee, that is a great post..esp this Holy Week is here.. C.Alv.B...thanks for being a nice blogger to me, appreciate yr support here in my blog..

    God bless u.. and do continue posting.. i hv added u...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am into trouble.. huh... Its been a long time to not 'feel near' with Him.. I am busy.. thats all my answer.. and I know it was not a good answer... :) Well, I know that I need to be 'near' with Him.. I have to practice again my experience.. all out.. for my 'PASKA'.. :) Thanks for this post alv.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful story ...

    thanks for sharing.

    God bless you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. before i comment,i say thank you for being my blogger friend,just like the painting of the dead son,sometimes we overlook the significance of life's little things.

    A friend once told me,why i still dont want to change my small ATOZ, since i could afford other bigger version, and somemore i am a boss,and my reply is alwyas as such, i want people to know me as what i am, not as what i have.

    we sometimes forget about god's greatness as well,simply when we pray for A and we dont get A, and we think god has forgotten about us, in fact god has given us A B C D lioa,,

    take care my friend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post and very touching story. Thanks for sharing it here with us. I believe many have been blessed by it including me :D God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Uncle Lee,
    Ya.. really agree with you. Sometimes we forgot to apprecuate the little things that we have. Never prejudged and underestimate others..because nobody knows better than HIM..

    Hi Nadia,
    Neil Mah memang masih di sana..kami satu group tu.. Daddy ko pun sama2 kami hehehehe..

    Hi Reanclaire,
    Thanx for the support too. Enjoy ur holiday

    Pirut,
    Relax bh ko..pelan2 gia hehehe

    God bless u too Greg

    Eugene,
    Im sure you love ur life style!!..and thats veru good. God bless u too

    Ornest,
    Thanx for dropping down my blog..yeah..we all been bless hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice and touching story C.Alv.B
    especially somthing to nuture for this holy week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard that story long time ago. Nice story. Happy Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete